I live in Swanwick in Derbyshire, close to the M1. I’m married and have two adult daughters.
Who Am I?
During my 33+ years of professional radio experience I have been exposed to most situations – from developing and managing large, high performing talent, finding and bringing in fresh new talent, whilst also navigating through changes in structure, management and systems. I have been at the centre of programme strategy development at both a group and local level, working on budgets, group operations and reporting systems. Rajar and compliance are two components I am an expert on, often being the source of guidance for colleagues.
- Content Development
- Music Programming
- Teaching and training
- Management of large teams
- Research Analysis
- Network Operations
- Mental Health First Aider
Managing Editor, Capital East Midlands Global (Jan 2011 – April 2019)
Responsible for all on air output, branding, coaching, and development. Liaising with Group Programme Director and Local Managing Director/Head Of Sales. Responsible for Programme budgets and planning.
Other relevant experience
- December 2007- Dec 2010 Global Radio. Programme Director, Trent FM.
- June 2008- Dec 2010 Global Radio. Programme Director, Hit Music Network.
- August 2005- December 2007 GWR Group/GCap Media plc. Programme Director, 11-18 stations in The One Network.
- July 2003- July 2007 GWR Group/GCap Media plc. Programme Director of PC School, PC Fast Track and PC Masterclass.
- April 1997- August 2005 Programme Controller Trent FM.
- March 1995- April 1997 Programme Controller, Ram FM (and Breakfast/ Afternoon presenter until 1996)